1. It is our intention that all the terms of the agreement between us (including details of the services and any goods or materials we are to provide) are contained in this document. If you have any questions or do not accept any of the provisions included in these terms and conditions, please let us know.
2. Blackpool Boiler Installations uses its own employees and suitably qualified independent Contractors
3. Independent contractors have no authority to incur liability on behalf of us
4. Quotations given by us are valid for fourteen days from the date they are given. We may vary or withdraw any quotation at any time before it is accepted by you.
5. We will do our best to complete the work and provide the goods and Materials for the quoted amount. However, due to unforeseen Circumstances, we may incur additional costs above the quoted amount. In this event, will let you know immediately and explain the reasons for the additional costs and ask you to accept an amended quote to cover the additional costs.
6. The price payable by you is the price stated as the Total Due on the quotation. Unless otherwise stated, the price stated shall be exclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate
7. If any of our work we complete is done in a quicker time than we may state, then the same cost will still be charged to the customer as agreed and quoted. Any days quoted for the job is purely for a customer’s convenience benefit and in no way reflects or alters the costs to the customer. We price smaller jobs by the hour or by a set job amount, any larger quoted jobs is estimated by a total cost regardless of time. The price stands as agreed by both parties upon the start off the works.
8. Domestic Customers: You will be invoiced immediately on completion of the work. The Total Due on the invoice is payable immediately. If you do not pay the Total Due immediately you must pay an administration charge of 10% per month and interest will keep being added until the amount is paid. This is to our discretion.
9. An administration charge of £25 is payable in respect of each cheque we present for payment that is dishonoured by your bank for whatever reason. Should payments not be made to us in our terms applied then all warranties will be invalidated, this includes us registering any boiler warranties or our own warranty.
10. We will carry out work during our normal business hours which are 8.30am to 4pm Monday to Friday. We may be able to work outside our normal Business hours at an additional charge. Although these are our normal working hours we may need to leave jobs early due to emergency work commitments, materials needed or worked up. This is to our discretion and does not in any way drop the cost of the agreed invoice if any.
11. Unless we are directly responsible for it, we will not include loss or damage to your property (including any cleaning needed) or any other type of loss. If access has to be made to your property to complete a repair, we will fill any holes and leave the surface level but will not replace the original surface or construction. Any redecoration or repair of damage that may be needed following our work is your responsibility, unless we have been negligent. Any human error mistakes which are unintentional are not deemed as negligent and we can only protect fixtures and fittings the best we can. It will be down to you to also make sure that your furniture, fixtures and fittings are prepared ready for our work and we will not be responsible for any natural wear and tear which obviously happens during our work and especially on larger jobs.
12. You must let us know of anything which may present a hazard or danger to anyone carrying out work in your property. You must also make sure that we have clear access to any relevant drains and covers and provide us with a supply of mains electricity and water. We must have a safe working environment. If we incur additional work or expense as a result of your failure to provide us with clear access, mains electricity and water, we may charge you for that additional work and/or expense.
13. We warranty all parts and labour for 12 months from the date of completion of the work provided that our guarantee will not apply where faults are caused wholly or in part by your (or any other person’s) misuse or neglect of those goods and materials or as a result of fair wear and tear. Any warranty we offer does not affect your legal rights including those rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. You can get information about your rights from a Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Department.
14. We will not be responsible for our failure to meet any of our obligations under this agreement because of circumstances beyond our control.
15. If you are a tenant you will need your landlord’s permission to allow us to carry out the work. If the property is a listed building you may require planning permission. In either case it is your responsibility to obtain any permissions required for the work.
16. Notice of your Right to Cancel. You are entitled to cancel this agreement. If you wish to cancel, you MUST DO SO IN WRITING WITHIN 7 DAYS starting from the date the agreement is signed and send to Blackpool Boiler Installations, Business First, Blackpool Business Centre, Amy Johnson Way, Lancaster House, Blackpool, FY4 2RP. Notice of cancellation is deemed to have been served as soon as it is posted or sent to us or in the case of electronic communication, from the date it is sent to us.
17. We may cancel the agreement at any time by giving you written notice. If we cancel the agreement without good reason, we will pay you any reasonable costs you incur as a direct result of the cancellation.
18. Blackpool Boiler Installations may check your details with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud-prevention agencies. If a person provides false or Inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, this is also recorded.
19.any discount codes or vouchers must be presented and agreed in advance of any work to start to be deemed valid. Vouchers cannot be used on any work over the value of £1000
20.we are not responsible for any parts that are defective due to a poor heating system at your property Or if any of your plumbing, heating or gas work is poorly fitted beforehand. This includes any incorrect pipe sizing, system design or possible sludge or leaks in the system before we commence work.
21. any payments which are not paid will be passed to the courts and dealt with externally. We will not under no circumstances accept the refusal of payments. Non-payments will be deemed as theft.
22.we require a 25% deposit on all work valued above £1000 or if we state
23.parking-we require to be able to park close to the property we are working at. Any parking fees or charges we may get or any penalties will be charged to the customer
24.any materials left over from any work we complete are our property unless the customer has purchased these separately from us. If we supply materials then the materials belong to Blackpool Boiler Installations
25.Any scrap copper , brass or lead that we remove as part of the work is deemed ours. We are fully entitled to any scrap from the job and anything we remove unless we agree not to prior. Us taking any scrap is taken in to consideration in the initial cost of work, should you the customer change your mind and want any scrap then we will adjust the costs of the invoice to a higher amount of 5% of the works. Written and verbal acceptance is accepted by us unless we state otherwise.
26. Any errors or mistakes which lead to you the customer wanting to claim on our insurance will be discussed first and compromised as we deem fit, we will not accept slight wear and tear going through insurance and goodwill can be arranged if we feel that is needed.
27. By having these terms on this sheet you are agreeing to our terms and have read all stated. These terms & conditions are always available at your request and we take no responsibility should you not wish to read them or sign as we always state they are available to you.
28. Should there be any issues with our work or a customer is not happy we will honour any warranty in place, a customer must allow us to re attend the property to rectify any work and we will happily do so. We cannot offer a refund on our works due to the installation of goods but we do offer a warranty and would re attend where needed.
We may be able to match or beat any like for like estimates which are proven by a competing company. This must be a written estimate with company details.
This is to our discretion. But please call us if you would like us to try and beat a quote / estimate.
Failure to sign these terms could invalidate any warranty, should you verbally agree for the work to go ahead then these terms have been read and accepted by yourself excluding the 14 day customer rights cooling off period